Are you looking for a meaningful career working hands-on with birds, bats, reptiles, and even the occasional amphibian patient?
Wildlife Rescue is seeking a driven, caring individual to take on an important role in our wildlife rehabilitation centre.
Who is WRA?
For over 40 years, Wildlife Rescue Association of BC has been a leader in wildlife rehabilitation and education, and a pillar of the lower mainland community. With over 5,000 patients per year, WRA is the most prolific wildlife rescue in Canada, boasting a varied and fulfilling breadth of work for our staff and volunteers.
About the role:
This regular, full-time position will play a key role in caring for our wild patients and supporting our team of wildlife rehabilitation staff and volunteers.
- Perform and oversee intake exams, medications, lab work, and daily wildlife care
- Monitor, evaluate, and report procedures and treatment plans
- Supporting overall operations of the wildlife hospital
Application deadline: September 18th, 2021
Who should apply?
Wildlife Rescue is a dynamic work environment with a team that values the natural world and animals we live alongside. Our work is highly collaborative, exciting, and fulfilling. If a heart-driven career helping to provide vulnerable animals with their best chance at full, wild lives appeals to you, we want to hear from you!
As our ideal candidate, you have:
- Registered Veterinary Technologist certification (or equivalent and registered with BCVTA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take an active role in the daily supervision of volunteers and staff
- Ability to work flexible shifts
- A growth mindset and interest in researching the best methods of medical treatment available for wildlife and gaining new skills
What do we offer?
- Hands-on training in the field of wildlife rehabilitation
- A culture of wellness and appreciation in a nonprofit setting
- Comprehensive compensation package that includes paid vacation and sick leave
- Extended medical and dental benefits
- A network of supportive, skilled professionals in the field of wildlife rehabilitation
- Fulfilling and varied work for an important cause
- Opportunity to lead and design new facilities and programs for wildlife care
- Opportunities for career growth and professional learning
To apply, fill out our application form at the link below (note: please submit cover letter and resume as single pdf file).
APPLY FOR ROLE OF REGISTERED VETERINARY TECHNICIAN AT WRA: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/1507f2ab436d4e96b2b0d7a8989f6410
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Wildlife Rescue thanks all applicants in advance for their interest in this role.