WildCare Foundation is seeking a Care Manager with 3+ years experience with wildlife rehabilitation along with at least 1 year of management experience. This is a full-time position with an established center admitting 6,000+ animals annually. You will report to the Director and you will work closely with our full-time DVM, 6 staff, and several interns and volunteers.
Efficiently manage daily wildlife rehabilitation operations and coordinate veterinary care. Enthusiastically train and oversee team leaders, interns, and volunteers in a high-volume center. Positive attitude and good organizational skills required to ensure staff, interns, and volunteers meet the needs of the animals and the people who rescue them.
Responsible for coordinating and communicating with all teams to ensure proper care is provided in a timely and efficient manner; Manage and participate in day-to-day rehabilitative and veterinary care of wildlife patients; Train, supervise, and mentor permanent and seasonal team leaders, interns and volunteers; Serve as the liaison between the executive director and the wildlife care team; Develop and adhere to protocols
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Oversee all daily rehabilitative care by the Team Leaders and their team for wildlife patients, including feeding and cleaning, examinations, treatments, diagnostic procedures, and monitoring patient progress
* Identify the need for and coordinate veterinary care, including participating in patient rounds and clinic procedures, with the veterinarian as needed
* Develop, improve, and implement patient protocols as identified by the Team Leaders
* Ensure all protocols are being followed
* Assist Team Leaders in evaluating patients for release, and coordinate releases
* Perform patient admissions and intake exams as needed
* Execute euthanasia protocols as needed and directed
* Train and supervise team leaders, interns, and volunteers, delegating tasks appropriately based on protocol and skill level
* Recognize when and what projects need to be completed, prioritizing them accordingly, and designing and executing a plan to get them done
* Monitor the use of resources and order/purchase more as needed and maintain appropriate resource use in Excel spreadsheets
* Coordinate with permanent staff to ensure daily coverage of animal care and administrative areas, schedule Team Leaders, interns and volunteers based on need and budget
* Maintain a professional and safe work environment
* Other tasks as assigned by the executive director
The Care Manager should have a solid knowledge of the natural history and a strong base of husbandry of common patients. They must be able to work long days in a hectic environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to info@WildCareOklahoma.org