The Rideau Valley Wildlife Sanctuary (RVWS) is a registered charity located between North Gower, Ontario. RVWS rehabilitates injured, sick or orphaned wild mammals and turtles with the goal of returning them to the wild.
RVWS is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to fill a summer position as Wildlife Rehabilitation Coordinator. The position reports to the Wildlife Rehabilitation Manager. Duties of the position include assisting the manager in supervising wildlife rehabilitation operations, coordinating administrative aspects of operations, and assisting with human resources, communications, outreach and finances. See the full job description at https://www.rideauwildlife.org/get-involved/jobs/.
This job is pending approval, expected in mid to late April, through the Canada Summer Jobs program. To be eligible under the Canada Summer Jobs program, applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment (international students are not eligible participants); and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
• valid driver's license and access to a vehicle (there is no public transit to our facility in North Gower)
• enrollment in a post-secondary institution in veterinary or animal-related studies
• experience in a wildlife rehabilitation centre
• experience in supervising staff or volunteers
• exceptional planning, organizing and problem-solving skills
• ability to meet tight and evolving deadlines, through the use of strong organizational and time management skills
• exceptional teamwork skills and the ability to motivate others
• ability to thrive in a high-energy, challenging environment
• proven verbal and written communications skills
• ability to work independently under little supervision once trained
• ability to set priorities and work under pressure
Term and Compensation
This is a 40-hr/wk position starting as early as April 23, 2019 for up to 16 weeks. Wages are $16.00/hr. Some shift work, weekends and evenings are required.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter (including your availability and eligibility under the Canada Summer Jobs program), and two written references by email to info @ rideauwildlife.org. We sincerely thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.