The Wildlife Center of Virginia is currently accepting applications for a full-time
Wildlife Rehabilitator and Project Manager. The Center is looking to fill the position
immediately; however, the position will remain open until the right candidate is hired.
We are seeking a mature and innovative individual, with strong speaking skills, that
can fulfill the duties of training the art of wildlife rehabilitation, take the lead on our
internal rehabilitation training programs, and fulfill the duties of a wildlife
▪ Bachelor’s degree.
▪ At least two years of wildlife rehabilitation experience.
▪ High public speaking skills.
▪ One to two years on leadership and staff management experience.
▪ At least one year of instructional or teaching experience.
▪ IWRC Certified Wildlife Rehabilitation designation preferred.
▪ Pre-exposure rabies vaccination required. Provide proof of vaccination or
adequate titer within the previous two years of start date.
▪ Demonstrated supervisory and managerial experience.
▪ Demonstrated experience in effective public speaking and writing skills.
▪ Demonstrated reliability and dependability; willingness to work weekends and
holidays as necessary.
▪ Demonstrated ability to handle diverse, competing tasks independently,
efficiently, and accurately; flexibility is a must.
▪ Must be even-tempered and diplomatic.
▪ Ability to organize, set goals, and meet deadlines; attention to detail.
▪ Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
▪ Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
▪ Professional appearance and demeanor; ability to interact and communicate
with the public, law enforcement, regulators, veterinarians and others.
▪ Strong commitment to protection of wildlife and the environment.
▪ Ability to lift/carry equipment and animals up to 50 pounds.
▪ 40 hours per week.
▪ One weekend day per week required.
▪ Holiday work required.
▪ Based on experience and qualifications.
▪ One week paid vacation during the first year of employment.
▪ Paid sick and personal leave.
▪ 50% Health insurance.
▪ Eligibility for 401k plan enrollment, with employer match, after six months of
▪ Cost of VA rehabilitation and CWR examination.
Please email cover letter, résumé, and three letters of recommendation to:
The Wildlife Center of Virginia
C/O Hospital Director
P.O. Box 1557
Waynesboro, VA 22980