WildCare Foundation is the largest wildlife rehabilitation center in Oklahoma, accepting over 6,600 animals each year. We are seeking an Executive Director to lead our organization into it's next phase of growth. The executive director is the leader and chief spokesperson for the organization and is responsible for managing the operations and fiscal activities of WildCare Foundation. The executive director leads in the development of strategic plans and standardized business practices; enhances visibility and outreach through promotion of the center; implements and coordinates fundraising and development efforts to achieve sustainability; prepares and monitors budgets; and provides direction on programs and facilities; responsible for public relations, social media, digital communications. The executive director reports to and is accountable to the board of directors.
WildCare is at a pivotal moment in its 30-year history. The founder and executive director is retiring after more than three decades of service. With her leadership and the board’s guidance, WildCare is on a solid foundation and ready to start a new chapter, one in which philanthropy will continue to play a critical role. The new executive director will inherit a supportive community, loyal volunteers and a dedicated staff. This team will work together to achieve the next milestone, to become a premiere facility in the country that can showcase the best practices for rehabilitating our nation’s wildlife.
EDUCATION AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
• A bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Nonprofit Management and/or Wildlife related field
• At least 2 years demonstrated successful management and supervisory experience managing a nonprofit; preferably an animal facility or wildlife rehabilitation facility
• Experience supervising a staff of five or more
• Knowledge of fundraising, budgeting processes and accounting procedures
CRITICAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Proven skills in operations, business, and people management
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
• Highly detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Demonstrated experience and ability to manage and supervise a team of staff and volunteers
• Articulate, organized and well spoken
• Effective problem-solving and mediation skills
• Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others
• Proficiency with MS office, QuickBooks and donor database software
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced setting
For full job description and details, please visit our website: www.wildcareoklahoma.org/index.php?executive-director
WildCare Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. WildCare Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other protected class under federal, state or local laws.