Tucson Wildlife Center is dedicated to the rescue, emergency medical care and rehabilitation of 3,000 sick, injured and orphaned wildlife annually, before return to the wild, while promoting education, habitat protection and peaceful coexistence with wildlife.
Tucson Wildlife Center is the only wildlife hospital/rehabilitation facility in Southern Arizona serving all of Tucson and eight counties, 24/7, free of charge.
The Center is currently looking for a Development Associate. The Development Associate will report to the Director.
We are looking for someone who will be able to:
• Create and execute a strategic development plan with the goal to increase donations and numbers of donors at all levels, major gifts and planned giving
• Create and execute a marketing plan
• Cultivate, meet with and establish good relations with donors and supporters
• Accurately record and process donations, with a high level of attention to detail
• Prepare and send thank-you letters and all donor appreciation materials
• Perform and/or oversee all aspects of event planning and events
• Network with the community, fundraisers and the fundraising educators
• Coordinate with TWC’s grant writer on grant proposals
• Coordinate with TWC’s education coordinator on social media, newsletter and event fundraising
• Perform various administrative tasks
Ideal candidates will possess the following characteristics and abilities:
• A passion for injured and orphaned wildlife and the ability to communicate that passion
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain a high level of donor and TWC confidentiality
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to organize time, manage diverse activities, prioritize and meet both short- and long-term fundraising goals, general goals and deadlines
• High energy level and excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Proficiency with databases, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• A respect for people and animals, a positive attitude