Help us lead the way in wildlife care by supporting IWRC. Your donation will allow IWRC to develop new courses, provide regular updates to existing courses, offer scholarships, host symposiums, and offer more service and information to our members.
- What is a bequest?
A bequest is a legacy gift, which can be given in the following ways:
- A specific amount of money, securities, item of property
- A percentage of the donor’s estate
- The residue of the donor’s estate after providing for their loved ones
- Listing IWRC as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy, pension fund or bank account
-How do you go about putting an organization in your will?
To include IWRC in your Will, simply call your attorney or your local Bar Association for the name of an attorney in your area that specializes in Wills and Estate Planning if you do not already have one.
If you already have a Will, you can amend it without rewriting it entirely by adding a simple document called a codicil. A codicil could be the quickest, easiest and least expensive way to include IWRC in your Will.
Suggested Wording for your Will:
I give, devise and bequeath to the International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council, a California nonprofit charitable organization, located at PO Box 3197, Eugene, OR 97403, the sum of $________________ (or a designated portion of the residue of my estate) to be used by IWRC to further its goal of providing science-based education and resources to wildlife rehabilitators and the public to promote wildlife conservation and welfare.
Important information your attorney will need:
- Legal name: International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council
- Legal address: PO Box 3197, Eugene, OR 97403
- IWRC is a non-profit charitable organization
- IWRC’s EIN number is 94-2577910
- IWRC’s 501(c)(3) status under the Internal Revenue Code provides a tax savings for you and your estate
-What are the benefits of bequests to the individual?
Planning for your estate is an important process, yet it is estimated that 70% of Americans do not even have a Will. Having an estate plan provides the benefits of:
- Peace of Mind – An estate plan is designed to help you provide for those you love and protect both you and your family.
- Provision – You have spent most of your lifetime gathering assets and making plans. With an estate plan, you can give loved ones the property you have acquired in the right way, at the right time and at minimal cost.
- Protection – A good plan will also protect you in your senior years. It may be important to designate a specific person to manage your property, help doctors and other medical staff with important decisions, and make certain that you are receiving the best possible care. An estate plan can increase your lifetime security and also achieve your goals for family and charity.
Additionally, an updated Will can allow you to transfer specific property or assets as well as direct the residue of your estate. For those with larger estates, there could be substantial estate tax savings.
Ultimately, an estate plan can ensure that you are able to fulfill a dream of leaving behind a legacy for family and charity that gives added meaning to your life.
-How would it benefit IWRC (course development, endowment fund, etc)?
Legacy giving gives IWRC the long-term security to sustain our critical work by ensuring that ongoing efforts to support to wildlife rehabilitators around the world by providing advanced training and improved techniques. The entire scope of our work requires foresight and prolonged support, made possible and strengthened through the provision of legacy gifts for all IWRC projects.
If you wish to guide your legacy towards a specific project or body of IWRC’s work, you may consider a directed donation or endowment fund. An endowment fund would allow you to apply restrictions to the amount and timing of funds spent, thereby allowing you to direct your gift towards your greatest passion. To learn more about these options, please contact our Executive Director, Kai Williams, at email@example.com.
Double or triple your donation by asking your company to match it. Ask your company if it has a Matching Gift policy. Fill out their matching gift form on paper or online. Follow the form directions and if possible send us a copy to either firstname.lastname@example.org or The IWRC, PO Box 3197, Eugene, OR 97403
We work to help wildlife rehabilitators get the knowledge and training they need to succeed. Help us help wildlife.
IWRC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. Our Tax Identification Number (TIN) and Employee Identification Number (EIN) are 94-2577910