An introductory course for beginning wildlife or novice rehabilitators seeking formal education with a half day hands-on lab! This class is meant to be a flipped classroom experience. We challenge you to do your homework and readings before you get to your class. This will facilitate a richer learning experience in the classroom.
Lecture topics include:
– Introduction to wildlife rehabilitation
– Basic anatomy and physiology
– Calculating fluid therapy
– Handling and physical restraint
– Stress and the basic shock cycle
– Initial care and physical examination
– Standards for housing
– Euthanasia criteria and release criteria
To receive a course completion certificate, students must successfully pass the exam, lab, and homework with 70% or higher.
You will receive the Wildlife Rehabilitation: A Comprehensive Approach and Minimum Standards for Wildlife Rehabilitation books with this order.
Have a large group you want to bring? Consider an organizational membership and contact us for special group pricing.