This course is designed to prepare potential oil spill volunteers in what to expect at an accidental uncontrolled release of oil into the environment. Legal and managerial/organizational aspects of the class are specific to the US environment, but may also be useful in organizing non-US spills.
- Introduce the US governmental and non-governmental agencies involved
- Introduce Incident Command System (ICS)
- Discuss health and safety issues
- Discuss species involved and handling procedures
- Discuss stabilization and care information
- Help you decide if working with oiled wildlife is for you